We're working with virtual race platform Racery to bring you the first annual HCU virtual race! While Racery offers lots of fundraising virtual challenges for charities, including a virtual English Channel swim and Everest virtual stair climbing challenge, we decided to build our own virtual race to lead into our Indianapolis conference.
Ready to Race?
I know what to do!
What is a virtual race?
A virtual race is a race that can be walked, ran, biked or bladed from any location you choose. You can participate on the road, on the trail, on the treadmill (or stationary bike), at the gym or on the track (or even at another race). You get to run your own race, at your own pace, and time it yourself.
How do you know how many miles I completed?
1. We rely on the honor system. You don't have to use a device to prove your miles. If you'd prefer to use an app to track your miles, we recommend Strava. You can join the HCU Network America Club.
2. Please use intentional miles - this means no step counting
3. Please attribute your activity to the appropriate day -- don't combine workouts from multiple days.
4. Please only backdate logs for a race.
5. Activities submitted after the race ends will not count toward race leader boards.
How do my miles translate to money raised?
After a racer is registered, they are set up with their own personal donation page. You can direct those who would like to donate to your race link.
What do I get if I participate?
Each level includes previous levels.
Participation - Virtual Race Bib
Race Finisher - Custom Medal
If you raise...
$50 - HCU Awareness Bumper Sticker
$150 - T-Shirt
$500+ Water Bottle and Bag
How much does it cost to participate?
Registration is $14 per participant.