Remethylation Disorders Research Map
In 2021, HCU Network America undertook an initiative to identify the therapeutic approaches recently studied or under investigation for classical homocystinuria and characterize clinical and preclinical stage technologies in development. The Research Map aims to give a snapshot in time for the treatment approaches being studied by academia and industry covering pre-clinical and clinical stage technologies.
The Research Map was developed based on information available in the public domain and provided directly by academic and industry researchers. Interviews were held with Global Experts including leading researchers and clinicians to expand and validate the Research Map and to provide expert input on the Research Strategy.
Expert input included
- Sean Froese, MD, PhD - Principal Investigator; University of Children’s Hospital Zurich, Switzerland
- David Rosenblatt, MD - McGill University, Canada
- Manuel Schiff, MD - Clinician; Paris, France
- Shawn McCandless, MD - Clinical Geneticist; Colorado Children’s Hospital
- Peter Baker, MD - Clinical Geneticist/Metabolic; Colorado Children’s Hospital
- Nicola Longo, MD, PhD - Professor, and Chief of Medical Genetics/Pediatrics; University of Utah
Industry input included: