HOW TO USE THIS GUIDE
• Chapters in this guide cover the basics, as well as medical, social, financial, and legal aspects.
• The horizontal bar at the top of the chart lists several categories for performing the task, whether an individual might need help with the task, can do it on their own, or will learn to do it on their own, for example.
• The code in the left-hand column indicates the type of homocystinuria.
• As you go through these worksheets, review each task and click the box that indicates whether you need help with certain tasks or can do them independently.
OVERALL PROJECT GOALS
• Support families’ ability to have a transition plan
• Create an understanding that transition plans are fluid and individual
• Understand that the Transition Program does not have a definitive start or end, it will evolve with research, treatments, and resources
• Create a visual roadmap for families to navigate the transition process, ensuring that each aspect of transition is inclusive of all abilities and types of homocystinuria.