We respect your rights to privacy in respect of the collection, management and disclosure of your personal information.
What is your personal information?
In general terms, it is any information that can be used to personally identify you. This may include your name, address, telephone number, email address and profession or occupation. If the information we collect personally identifies you, or you are reasonably identifiable from it, the information will be considered personal information.
What personal information do we collect and hold?
We may collect the following types of personal information:
- mailing or street address;
- email address;
- telephone number;
- age or birth date;
- profession, occupation or job title;
- disease information and diagnosis;
details of the products and services you have purchased from us or which you have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and to respond to your enquiries;
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our websites or indirectly through use of our websites or online presence, through our representatives or otherwise; and
information you provide to us through our service center, customer surveys or visits by our representatives from time to time. We may also collect some information that is not personal information because it does not identify you or anyone else. For example, we may collect anonymous answers to surveys or aggregated information about how users use our website.
How do we collect your personal information?
We collect your personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. When collecting personal information from you, we may collect in ways including:
- through your access and use of our website;
- during conversations between you and our representatives; or
when you complete an application or membership form.
- We may also collect personal information from third parties including'
- from third party companies such as credit reporting agencies, law enforcement agencies and other government entities.
HCU will not collect other sensitive information about you without your consent, such as personal information about your health, race, political opinion etc.
What does HCU do with my personal information?
HCU collects personal information at different times which may be used for one or more of a variety of purposes, to allow us to perform our business activities and functions and to provide best possible quality of customer service. These purposes include:
- Maintaining a record of medical queries, complaints and adverse event reports relating to HCU products and reporting these to relevant regulatory bodies, related companies or other companies which market the same product as may be required or prudent;
- Administering disease awareness/management programs or other similar programs organised by HCU;
- Notifying you of matters that HCU may be required by law to notify you of (eg. product recalls);
- Generating customer lists for the purposes of HCU’s own market research;
- Responding to your requests and improving our level of service to you;
Version:1.0 StartHTML:000000229 EndHTML:000003446 StartFragment:000002706 EndFragment:000003410 StartSelection:000002706 EndSelection:000003410 SourceURL:https://hcunetworkamerica.org/privacy-policy-disclaimer/?fl_builder
HCU Network America does not knowingly collect information from children who are under 13 years of age or provide any personally identifying information from such users to any third party for any reason whatsoever. No information should be submitted by users under 13 years of age. If we learn that a user under 13 years of age has submitted personally identifiable information online, we will take reasonable measures to delete such information from our databases and to make no use of such information (except where necessary to protect the safety of the child or others as required by law). HCU Network America encourages parents and guardians to monitor and participate in their children's online activities.
We may log IP addresses (that is, the electronic addresses of computers connected to the internet) to analyse trends, administer the website, track users movements, and gather broad demographic information.
What happens if we can’t collect your personal information?
If you do not provide us with the personal information described above, some or all of the following may happen:
- we may not be able to provide the requested products or services to you, either to the same standard or at all;
- we may not be able to provide you with information about products, events and services that you may want; or
- we may be unable to tailor the content of our websites to your preferences and your experience of our websites may not be as enjoyable or useful.
For what purposes do we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information?
We collect personal information about you so that we can perform our organization activities and functions and to provide best possible quality of service.
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide products and services to you and to send communications requested by you;
- to answer enquiries and provide information or advice about existing and new products, events or services;
- to provide you with access to protected areas of our website;
- to assess the performance of the website and to improve the operation of the website;
- to conduct organizational processing functions including providing personal information to our related bodies corporate, contractors, service providers or other third parties;
- for the administrative, marketing (including direct marketing), planning, product or service development, quality control and research purposes of HCU Network America, its related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers;
- to provide your updated personal information to our related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers;
- to update our records and keep your contact details up to date;
- to process and respond to any complaint made by you; and
To whom may we disclose your information?
We may disclose your personal information to:
- our employees, related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers for the purposes of operation of our website or our organization, fulfilling requests by you, and to otherwise provide products and services to you including, without limitation, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debt collectors, and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants;
- suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for organizational, marketing, and related purposes; and
- any organization for any authorized purpose with your express consent. We may combine or share any information that we collect from you with information collected by any of our related bodies.
Direct marketing materials
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about our products and services that we consider may be of interest to you. These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS, fax and email. If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method whenever practical to do so. In addition, at any time you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us (see the details below) or by using opt-out facilities provided in the marketing communications and we will then ensure that your name is removed from our mailing list. We do not provide your personal information to other organisations for the purposes of direct marketing.
How can you access and correct your personal information?
You may request access to any personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting us (see the details below). Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will try to provide you with suitable means of accessing it (for example, by mailing or emailing it to you). We may charge you a fee to cover our administrative and other reasonable costs in providing the information to you. We will not charge for simply making the request and will not charge for making any corrections to your personal information. There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, we will give you written reasons for any refusal. If you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request us to amend it. We will consider if the information requires amendment. If we do not agree that there are grounds for amendment then we will add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with it.
What is the process for complaining about a breach of privacy?
If you believe that your privacy has been breached, please contact us using the contact information below and provide details of the incident so that we can investigate it.
Do we disclose your personal information to anyone outside America?
We may disclose personal information to our related bodies corporate and third party suppliers and service providers located overseas for some of the purposes listed above.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipients of your personal information do not breach the privacy obligations relating to your personal information.
We may disclose your personal information to entities located outside of America, including the following:
- our related bodies corporate;
- our data hosting and other IT service providers; and
- other third parties.
We take reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is protected from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We may hold your information in either electronic or hard copy form. Personal information is destroyed or de-identified when no longer needed.
As our website is linked to the internet, and the internet is inherently insecure, we cannot provide any assurance regarding the security of transmission of information you communicate to us online. We also cannot guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the internet. Accordingly, any personal information or other information which you transmit to us online is transmitted at your own risk.
Our website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third party website and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any third party website. Third party websites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices.
We will treat your requests or complaints confidentially. Our representative will contact you within a reasonable time after receipt of your complaint to discuss your concerns and outline options regarding how they may be resolved. We will aim to ensure that your complaint is resolved in timely and appropriate manner.
Please contact our Public Officer at:
HCU Network America,
Attention: Danae' Bartke, 5800 Oakwood Drive, Unit 5c,
Lisle, Illinois 60532
Tel: (630) 360-2087
While all care has been taken in the preparation of this material, no responsibility is accepted by the author(s) or HCU Network America., its staff or volunteers, for any errors, omissions or inaccuracies. The material provided on this website and associated materials and resources has been prepared to provide general information only. It is not intended to be relied upon or be a substitute for medical or other professional advice. No responsibility can be accepted by the author(s) or HCU Network America for any known or unknown consequences that may result from reliance on any information provided on this website or any materials, resources or publications. We recommend that you seek medical advice for any health concerns.
All transactions are final. No refunds will be processed. In the event of a billing error, please contact (630) 360-2087 within 3 business days.