#GivingTuesday is a global day of giving powered by social media and collaboration. Celebrated on the Tuesday following Thanksgiving (in the U.S.) and the widely recognized shopping events Black Friday and Cyber Monday, #GivingTuesday marks the beginning of the charitable season, when many focus on their holiday and end-of-year giving.
How do I get Involved?
We are asking you to assist us in reaching our $10,000 #GivingTuesday fundraising goal.
Set up a fundraiser
To get started, set up your own GivingTuesday fundraiser on GoFundMe.com, Facebook, or Instagram! Setting up your fundraiser on these platforms is simple and HCU Network America receives 100% of the donations!
- Start to reach out to your friends and family in advance and get them to pledge a donation first thing on November 29th!
- Let them know that by giving to HCU Network America, they are supporting programs and resources that directly benefit the patients and caregivers of our community.
- Remind them that all donations are tax-deductible AND will be matched by 3 anonymous donors (up to $30,000!)
Share your Story
Record your story and share it on your Facebook Fundraiser.
- Your name and where you are from
- What type of Homocystinuria you have
- When you were diagnosed
- How the diagnosis has affected you
- Give them a walk through of your daily life (not all will apply)
- What it's like giving/getting a B12 injection
- Formula and Medications
- Weighing out food
- Keeping a food log
- Any other negative side effects
- What their donation would mean to you and your family
Post an #UnSelfie
The #UNselfie, or the selfless selfie, is a powerful way to show how and why you are giving. Here's 3 quick steps to becoming an #UNselfie master: Take a “selfie” with a caption to explain how or why you and/or your friends are giving. Add the hashtags #UNselfie and #GivingTuesday. Post it to Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat - share far and wide & get your friends to join you!
Annual Appeal Letter
Not on Social Media? Use the Thanksgiving parties as a chance to share our annual appeal letter. In it include a picture of the person in your family affected by HCU. Include a description on how HCU has impacted you and your family and what their donation would mean to you.