Scientific Advisory Board
A scientific Advisory Board has been convened to advise the HCU Networks on key priorities and guide which specific projects should be funded.
The current members of the Scientific Advisory Board include:
Dr Andrew Morris, (Co-chair of SAB), BM, BCh, PhD, Consultant and Senior Lecturer in Paediatric Metabolic Medicine, Willink Metabolic Unit, Manchester University Hospitals NHS Trust, UK. Read Dr. Morris' bio
Professor Matthias R. Baumgartner, Prof. Dr. med., head of Division for Metabolic Diseases and Medical Director of the Swiss Newborn Screening Program, University Children’s Hospital Zurich, Zürich, Switzerland. Read Professor Baumgartner's bio
Professor Henk Blom, Laboratory Specialist Clinical Genetics, Center for Lysosomal and Metabolic Diseases, Department of Clinical Genetics, Erasmus University Medical Center, Rotterdam, Netherlands; Professor, Biochemistry of Inherited Metabolic Disease Read Professor Blom's bio
Dr Kimberly Chapman, MD, Ph.D., attending physician in Genetics and Metabolism, Children’s National: Assistant Professor of Pediatrics and Integrated Systems Biology, George Washington University, U.S. Read Dr. Chapman's bio
Professor Viktor Kožich, MD, PhD, Professor of Medical Genetics,
Department of Pediatrics and Inherited Metabolic Diseases, General University Hospital in Prague and Charles University-First Faculty of Medicine, Prague, Czech Republic. Read Professor Kožich’s bio
Margaret McGlynn, R. Ph., Ph. D. (hon), President of Board, HCU Network America
Tara Morrison, BA LLB, Director and Chair, HCU Network Australia
Responsibilities of the Scientific Advisory Board
The responsibilities of the Scientific Advisory Board include:
- Work with HCU Network America and HCU Network Australia (HCUNAs) (and other patient groups interested in funding grants) to develop research strategy and identify key priorities for funding.
- Provide non-binding but informed guidance on matters specific to HCUNAs research and funding strategies, including opportunities for new programs or clinical trials.
- Provide peer review for applications submitted to HCUNAs for funding and provide recommendations on specific projects to be funded.
- Support any grant applications submitted by HCUNAs to other funding bodies.
- Participate in periodic reviews of HCUNAs Research Strategy.
Download a copy of the Scientific Advisory Board’s Terms of Reference.
Past members of the Scientific Advisory Board include:
The Late Professor Jan Kraus, Ph. D, Professor Pediatrics / Cell and Developmental Biology, University at Colorado U.S. and posthumous recipient of HCU Hero Award from HCU Network America Read Professor Kraus' bio