Scientific Advisory Board
A scientific Advisory Board has been convened to advise the HCU Networks on key priorities and guide which specific projects should be funded.
The current members of the Scientific Advisory Board include:
Professor Viktor Kožich, (Chair of SAB); MD, PhD, Professor of Medical Genetics and Head of Institute of Inherited Metabolic Disorders, General University Hospital in Prague and Charles University-First Faculty of Medicine, Prague, Czech Republic. Read Professor Kožich’s bio
Professor Bridget Wilcken AM, MD, FRACP, FRCPA (hon), FHGSA, emeritus consultant at the Children’s Hospital, Westmead, Sydney; part-time metabolic physician, Sydney Children’s Hospital, Australia. Read Professor Wilcken's bio
Professor Matthias R. Baumgartner, Prof. Dr. med., head of Division for Metabolic Diseases und Medical Director of the Swiss Newborn Screening Program, Kinderspital, Zürich, Switzerland. Read Professor Baumgartner's bio
Professor Henk Blom,PhD, Laboratory Specialist Clinical Genetics, Center for Lysosomal and Metabolic Diseases, Department of Clinical Genetics, Erasmus University Medical Center, Rotterdam, Netherlands; Professor, Biochemistry of Inherited Metabolic Disease. Read Professor Blom's bio
Dr Kimberly Chapman, MD, Ph.D., attending physician in Genetics and Metabolism, Children’s National: Assistant Professor of Pediatrics and Integrated Systems Biology, George Washington University, U.S. Read Dr. Chapman's bio
Tara Morrison, BA LLB, Director & Chair, HCU Network Australia
Margaret McGlynn, R. Ph., Ph. D. (hon), President of Board, HCU Network America
Responsibilities of the Scientific Advisory Board
The responsibilities of the Scientific Advisory Board include:
- Work with HCU Network Australia and HCU Network America (HCUNAs) (and other patient groups interested in funding grants) to develop research strategy and identify key priorities for funding.
- Provide non-binding but informed guidance on matters specific to HCUNAs research and funding strategies, including opportunities for new programs or clinical trials.
- Provide peer review for applications submitted to HCUNAs for funding and provide recommendations on specific projects to be funded.
- Support any grant applications submitted by HCUNAs to other funding bodies.
- Participate in periodic reviews of HCUNAs Research Strategy.
Download a copy of the Scientific Advisory Board’s Terms of Reference.