HCU Network America and HCU Network Australia are currently calling for Expressions of Interest (EOI) for:
- Research Grants which provide funding for technologies to improve newborn screening (and potentially also aid in ongoing monitoring or screening of undiagnosed older individuals); and
- Research Grants which provide funding for potential new therapies to treat homocystinuria caused by cystathionine beta synthase deficiency (with the ability to treat elevated homocysteine caused by methylation disorders and cobalamin deficiencies an added benefit).
Research Grants support innovative seed or pilot projects to produce preliminary data that would facilitate more substantial funding from federal agencies, foundations or corporations. Research Grant awards are up to US $50,000 (HCU Network America) and/or AUD $40,000 (HCU Network Australia). All applications submitted will be considered for funding by both organizations, though it is unlikely the same application would receive funding by both.
- EOI deadline for submission: January 15, 2018
- Notification of successful EOI: March 1, 2018
- Deadline for full applications: May 1, 2018
- Funding decisions will be made by June 2018
How to apply for a Research Grant:
Download full Expression of Interest instructions here.
EOIs will be reviewed by the Scientific Advisory Board, in consultation with HCU Network America and HCU Network Australia, and applicants will be notified by March 1, 2018 if they are invited to submit a full application.
Full applications are due by May 1, 2018 and will subsequently be reviewed by our Scientific Advisory Board. HCU Network America and HCU Network Australia Board of Directors will make the final funding decision on each grant application taking into consideration the advice of the Scientific Advisory Board and direct donor input.